Tuesday, September 05, 2006

TOBY KEITH- Patriotic and Proud Of It!


TOBY KEITH-
One of the most incredible shows I have been to when it comes to pyrotechnics and energy!Patriotism to the HILT!

This was the kick off of Toby's 'Big Throwdown 2 Tour' , in Portland, OR and Joe Nichols opened. Toby's video for 'Get Drunk and Be Somebody' video was filmed that night and it was a great time. They handed out these mugs that had a cartoon picture of Toby, with the name of the song 'Get Drunk and Be Somebody' on them. They had the crowd sway and sing along... later that night I had the opportunity to chat with Toby's manager and Toby signed my infamous ...full of signatures...guitar! (I have since FINALLY gotten a new one!)

It was a great 'date' with my husband! Here in Astoria, our EAGLE Shows are great 'date night material'! It's a perfect opportunity to be close to home, maybe stay at the Elliot Hotel , http://www.hotelelliott.com/ or eat at The Schooner Twelfh Street Bistro (both with in steps of The Historic Liberty http://www.liberty-theater.org/ (where most of our shows are held) www.schoonerbistro.com Don't miss the many shows that we have come through EAGLE COUNTRY!!! Get a little Romantic!! or just Get out and have some fun!! :)










"White Trash With Money, then, serves as a much-needed reminder of Toby Keith's most outstanding attributes.Get Drunk And Be Somebody," the albums first smash single, is a good example of Keith's dry humor and observational eye. "A Little Too Late" is bit of straightforward songwriting ....... And "Crash Here Tonight," which he calls the most tender love song of his career."This album launches my Show Dog venture," Keith says, referencing the transition from Universal to his own independent label. "It's an honest effort and I'm real proud of it. As long as I can continue making music the way I do, I couldn't be happier. I've accomplished everything else."

No comments: