Friday, September 22, 2006

Another Dream Comes True! JESSI CAIN Opens for BRYAN WHITE!

More dreams come true! When Bryan White was booked to open this years CLATSOP COUNTY fair, I thought of my friend, Jesse Cain. First of all the excitement that BRYAN WHITE was coming and the excitement I knew Jesse would have when he found out! Jesse, extremely talented and kind, played with me when I opened for Joe Diffie. We became friends and the dedication and support he gave me when I was getting ready for DIFFIE, we had lots of time to chat.

I knew two of Jesse’s hero’s and biggest musical influences were Garth Brooks and Bryan White.

Jesse had already had the opportunity to sing with Garth when he was younger and got some great advice from the Super-Star, Brooks. So, when BRYAN WHITE was booked, I went to our GM, Paul and asked if it would be alright if Jesse opened for Bryan White. When he said, ’yes’ I could barely wait to call Jesse’s mom!

That night, when Jesse got home from work, his mom had me on her cell phone, which was on speakerphone, in her pocket, so I could hear.

She asked Jesse how he’d like to go see Bryan White perform and I giggled as I heard him get excited, asking where he was playing, etc…Then his mom asked, “How would you like to open for him?” Even though her phone cut out half way through his reaction, (aaaahhhh!) A few moments later Jesse was on the other end of the phone, beside himself and just in disbelief that he would be opening for his other ‘hero’. A few tears of joy were in his voice as well and I was SO happy for him.


When I interviewed Bryan before the concert, I told him about Jesse and Bryan said it was so flattering to be ‘on the other end’, because when he was a kid, Steve Wariner was his musical hero and he knew exactly what Jesse was feeling. Bryan went on to say that when he met Steve Wariner, he could barely sleep that night and later in life, when he worked with Steve, he said it was still hard to be himself and not catch himself thinking, “I am sitting here with Steve Wariner”!

The night of the show came and Bryan was incredible to Jesse. They hung out in the back trailer and the highlight for Jesse, was when Bryan asked him to come on stage and sing with him. Jesse was all smiles and did a great job. He sang with Bryan White!! I barely kept a dry eye, knowing what it feels like for dreams to come true…and I had just witnessed a huge moment in a person’s life I respect and admire.

I told our GM, Paul, “you did it again…you helped make another dream come true”. Paul being so humble and kind just brushed it off and said, “ahh, he did great..It was great.”




Jesse is going places and keep your eye on him…He will be a name you’ll hear all over the world someday. Sounds corny? Wait and see…

www.jessecain.com



No comments: