Friday, September 08, 2006

JESSICA ANDREWS-Our First ‘CHICK’ in Eagle Country!

JESSICA ANDREWS

Jessica opened for STEVE AZAR when they came out for two shows at the Liberty in Astoria. Two great artists, two incredible shows.

Jessica was so funny. At breakfast Saturday morning after they got here, my husband was there with everyone, chatting, eating, just having fun.

Well, There is a certain song of Jessica’s Jerry came to …well…not care for, because it had been my “I’m mad at you song.” He joked around and said he was going to tell her, so I dared him to. HE DID!

She thought it was hysterical when he told her that, “ he knew his wife was not happy with him when he heard, (Jessica’s hit song,) "There’s More To Me Than You" playing at high volume and that if he came home, he knew he might as well not even go in the house if he heard it from the front porch! So, THAT was why it wasn’t his FAVORITE song” They had a good laugh.

What was funnier was that night at the show, Jessica played that song, pointed at me and said,"hey, Sonja you like this song….it makes a good song when your…uhh… mad at your husband”

Jessica has a sense of humor and had the crowd laughing hysterically several times. She talked about her beloved dog, her very talented singer/songwriter boyfriend Marcel, who has written for many country artists and Jessica truly just seemed to have a great time.

She has been singing since she was a little girl and with hits like, “Who I Am”, “There’s More To Me Than You”, she has a long future in front of her, especially with the taste our EAGLE listeners got of the new music she has been performing....

Her whole album is great and gets played a lot in our house. (No, not because I'm mad...:) ...that's only sometimes!) Her voice is like an angel. She’s beautiful, witty, funny and very kind.
















"It’s so rewarding to hear the end result of something that you’ve put your whole self into, and I wouldn't want to change anything about it," she states. "Of course, I want it to be a success, but when all is said and done, what matters to me is that I've made music that I'm ultimately proud of. And hopefully other people will love it as much as I do." -Jessica Andrews


No comments: