Thursday, April 22, 2010

Three for Thursday from the Last Year!


Time capsule Thursday!
Three more things from the last year to fill the blank place, called a blog, that I did no writing on!

Exploring Our Own Backyard

Seagulls on the shore of the Columbia River along on of the trails in Warrenton

Warrenton, Oregon boasts a ton of trails and amazing parks! Beautiful places that my husband and I explore a lot! Walk, ride your bike or walk your dog~Here is one of the many trails we went on last year. It was a nice sunny day and the view was fantastic. Looking out to the Columbia River, while resting on a bench it was a nice quiet place to reconnect after a long week. I encourage anyone to start exploring the many paths and trails that our communities offer. I find myself needing a vacation sometimes or I have hard a hard day and all I have to do is drive a few miles, ride my bike or walk to some of the most historic, beautiful places that people come from all over the world to see~ and it's right here in our backyard.

I Became Grandma

Macie-Jane~ MeeMaw's girl
.
Macie Jane was born March 5th, 2009~ Our first grandbaby, she is a joy. This picture was taken in April 2010, when she was here visiting her MeeMaw (me) and PawPaw. She was climbing all around and was on the verge of walking. Becoming a grandma at 40 years old thrilled me to pieces. While many of my friends are just now having children or have just started their families, I am getting to enjoy the blessing of grandchildren~ They say the reward for not killing your own children in their teenage years, is grandchildren ~ haha. I think they may be right! Macie Jane is a blessing to us and has us all wrapped around that tiny pinky of hers!


Disneyland! The Happiest Place On Earth!

Disneyland Castle before the fireworks display
.
When we went to California in December of '09 to welcome our son, Matthew home from Afghanistan, we had to hit Disneyland! We took our daughters, Jessi and Jodi, and headed on our way. I must say~ It truly is a magical place! It was Christmas Eve when we went and I felt like a little kid. Main St was decorated with garlands and lights, music was playing and I saw the biggest Christmas tree I think I have ever seen. A day of fun and laughs with our daughters created memories to last a lifetime. The end of the night was spectacular and a must for every child and grown up to see. The castle lit up to a music, light and fireworks show and because it was Christmas, it SNOWED...yes, snowed on Main St. It looked real~ it felt real~ but anywhere in California besides Disneyland's Main St. it was about 80 degrees out! I could ramble for days about every moment spent in Disneyland~ It truly is magical! A definite highlight of 2009!

Space Mountain~Sooo much fun! Jerry, Me, Jod & Jessi

No comments: