Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Packed and ready to go!


I was packed and ready to go! Finally! After a few unexpected bumps in the road...and a few near breakdowns! I did something that was just stupid... which happens quite often, but this was a topper. So it's Monday night and time to confirm my flight. After all, I'm booked to fly out of Portland at 6:30am on the morning flight. This of course, means that my husband will be driving me there after he gets off work at Midnight...sure, I'll sit in the airport awhile, but that's fine. He'll drop me off and go rest at a friends house, then get back on the road to get back to the Sheriff's Department for overtime...it'll be a long day for him. So, online I type in all of the info and try to confirm my flight...none of the numbers match? What? Alright. TUESDAY, the 3rd of MARCH...it's all correct, so I get on the phone. Turns out, that TUESDAY, the 3rd of FEBRUARY has already passed and my flight left a month ago! ...I was sick to my stomach.

How? Could this happen? Well it did. I booked my flight for MARCH, but when the confirmation email came from Expedia, I saw, Tuesday, 3rd... just a quick look, missed the fact that it was a MONTH off. So, at 10pm on Monday night I had to book a flight for the following morning at the tune of $550.00. NOT the previous $216.00 that I had already paid and LOST. In these economic times, this was NOT a good thing, but my husband was gracious and said, 'we'll figure it out...stop crying, it'll be ok'. Wow. SO. With the help of a friend, a major meltdown, new ticket purchased and husband home ready to take off, Here's a picture of me, headed to the airport. On my way. Finally!

No comments: