Monday, March 09, 2009

The Blog is Back in The Nest!

Welcome to my Eagle's Nest on the web! It's been a few years since I have been here, but I decided to revive the old blog. There is always so much I'd like to share with you, that I thought the old blog would be the perfect place! Feel free to go back and read from years ago. (I did!) ...and come back daily for a little of "this and that" from The Nest!


To get me 'back in the groove' I'll start off blogging about my trip to Nashville last week!


I attended the 40th Annual Country Radio Seminar. It's where radio programmers and executives from throughout the nation convene at the Nashville Convention Center every year. The event features an extensive array of panel discussions and music events designed to keep broadcasters informed on the latest developments in country music and the radio industry.

Tim McGraw and Friends performed with an array of great performances on Opening night. CRS closed Friday night with the New Faces show featuring 20-minute performances by emerging artists Kellie Pickler, The Zac Brown Band, James Otto, Chuck Wicks and Lady Antebellum. In between, there were performances by artists such as Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, to only name a few. New artists and country superstars all gathered together for 4 days and nights packed full of music and fun. During the day Radio programmers and on-air talent were busy attending seminar panels. As a precursor to CRS, several award recipients were honored by the Country Radio Broadcasters at the Country Music DJ and Radio Hall of Fame dinner and awards ceremony. Merle Haggard received the organization's Career Achievement award, with performances by Emmylou Harris and Jack Ingram.
I can't wait to tell you all about it! From funny to heart touching, I have so many stories to share with you! From bowling with Carrie Underwood, to Kenny Chesney making history, Faith Hills shoes, Kellie's zipper, Darius Rucker's new life (thanks to you), to Brad Paisley's new song and me becoming a grandma while I was in Nashville! Yes, a grandma! So...there's my first post! and off we go............ I hope you enjoy!


No comments: