Monday, May 17, 2010

Our Son Came Home From Afghanistan Today!

.

It's been a busy week! I was off from last Wednesday until today...moving. Can I just say, I hate moving! :) I love unpacking, but, packing and the move itself is never fun! Our moving days fell on the same days that our son, Jake, was supposed to come home from Afghanistan, so I wasn't able to fly to North Carolina with my husband and welcome him home. It broke my heart to not be there, but for him to be safely on US soil is an answer to many a prayer. Knowing he was coming home and out of Afghanistan also ended the many sleepless nights and free-flow of tears at the thought of him being in danger. This morning my husband kept me up to minute with text messages and pictures via text, so as best I could, I was able to see and keep up with what was happening, from his plane landing on US soil, to the busses arriving at USMC base Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. As Jake got off the bus he hugged his dad, I was called, the phone handed to him and I heard his voice and got to welcome our boy home... I will get to finally put my arms around him next month. I can hardly wait. A warrior, a hero, our son. We are so very proud of him.


No comments: