Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

.
What a great day! I love Mother's Day!
.
The weather was beautiful, which was a nice change with all of the rain we have had here on the coast! Sleeping in on Mother's Day, it was a nice surprise to here the front door swing open and hear, "Happy Mother's Day!" Our oldest daughter decided to come home for the day from college to spend Mother's Day with me! Our youngest daughter, Jodi brought flowers and visited too. I went to church with my mom and then we all got together for lunch at my mom and dad's, where my sister showed up also! A phone call from my son Matthew was a perfect addition to the day. A relaxing beautiful day, wrapped up with BBQ'd dinner by hubby....it was nice. I hope all of you also had a lovely Mother's Day.... I have always thought that being a mother has been the most important and enjoyable gift I have been given in life.

Lilies from my sister, Ann. One of my favorite flowers ever.
.
Yummy soap from Jessi bought for me at the Sunday Market in downtown Astoria. It was the first Sunday Market of the year. I am looking forward to many a Sunday this summer strolling through the many vender booths and browsing.

Crazy women on a relaxing Mother's Day

L to R: my daughter~Jessi, my mom~Berit, me, my sister~Ann and daughter~Jodi.

Lilacs... another favorite flower of mine! They always remind me of when Jodi was born. They were in season and my hospital room was full of them!


Flowers Jodi brought me on Mother's Day!
Beautiful and bright, just like the day!

No comments: